Please check out this taped interview Kimberly Palm had with with Carolyn Dowd Higgnes on her Podcast, “Your Working Life”. Kimberly discusses stress and her book, “Conquering Stress: The REAL Fountain of Youth”.
Proud To Be Partnered with “Heal Estate” – The Resource For Sustainable Living
In my book “Conquering Stress: The REAL Fountain of Youth” , I talk about the importance of living a healthy organic lifestyle and decreasing our footprint on the planet. I also discuss how toxins and chemicals are destroying our planet and all of the humans and living creatures on this planet. Part of living a stress free or reduced stress life involves “Sustainable Living”. This means reducing your footprint, growing your own organic produce, organic farming, buying less disposable items and consuming less, buying organic foods for your family, wearing organic clothing, supporting the Rain Forest and Fair Trade products and much more.
Since Sustainability is important to reduce stress on us and on our planet and since it’s of high importance to me and my family, I am now proud to be partnered with Adrienne Kessler and her wonderful organization called, Heal Estate.
Heal Estate’s mission is to inform, educate, inspire and be a leader in the world of sustainable living. We are The Resource for Sustainable Living, and the promise of hope to advocate for our children’s future on this planet. Heal Estate maintains a sustainable company environment, along with the company it keeps. The folks at Heal Estate align themselves with other companies and partners who share their values, ethics and commitment to sustainability.
When you join Heal Estate and become a member, your sustainable products and services are exactly what their viewers are seeking, and they will be directed to your Website for these services. Heal Estate’s members, affiliates and advertisers are companies and partners who are exclusively conscious stewards and consumers, which makes Heal Estate stand out among other online Websites.
Heal Estate believes in a circular business model, giving back to our community and the world, and in positioning themselves as a highly visible global community to ensure that their vision is translated to all who are interested in making the world a better, safe place.
Heal Estate’s on-site articles and content reflect their philosophy, and enlighten people across the globe about sustainable practices. Heal Estate’s monthly newsletter, GreenZine, offers you articles on various issues, content and celebrities who are eco-aware and active. They also promote their highest levels of membership in their newsletter by writing a featured article on each of them.
I invite you to go to their website and check it out and please sign up as a member or to receive their newsletter. If we all work together we can HEAL OUR PLANET. Their website address is http://healestate.com
Listen to host Mark Alyn interview bestselling author and stress expert, Kimberly Palm, about stress and how we can conquer stress in our lives. Kimberly Palm shares some tips for what we need to know to reduce stress in our life. Mark and Kimberly talk about the fountain of youth and getting older as well as an in-depth discussion about stress and how that affects our daily lives. They also talk about what our life’s purpose is. Kimberly’s bestselling book launched in January 2016 is “Conquering Stress: The Real Fountain of Youth” You can find out more about Kimberly Palm at http://kimpalm.com
Conquering Stress Interview With Aaron & Mia on ABC Morning Show
Listen to the recording of an interview about the Book Conquering Stress: The REAL Fountain of Youth with Aaron and Mia on the Morning Show on KMET 1490 AM in So. California recorded from live interview on 4/5/2016. Aaron and Mia interview Kimberly about the book and about stress and Kimberly shares some tips with listeners to start conquering stress. a replay of the show.
Turn up the volume and listen to our interview with Kimberly Palm Author of "Conquering Stress – The Real Fountain of Youth" Available for purchase on Amazon http://amzn.to/1quMvtILIKE on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRealFountainofYouthFor the latest News, Talk and Sports LIKE us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/kmet1490am
Posted by KMET on Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Creating Your Happiness Bubble
One of my favorite quotes ever written was a quote by president Abraham Lincoln, “Most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be”Unfortunately, the reality is most people are choosing to be unhappy and or don’t understand that it is 100% up to them to create their own happiness. That’s right, it’s not up to your spouse, girlfriend, jewelry, Porsche, Mansion and etc. to make you happy. You have to choose to be happy by making positive and good choices, doing some work on yourself and removing all of the blocks and limits that are preventing you from being happy in the first place.
I have found in my many years of coaching that there are some people who will never be happy and it’s all their choice to be that way. I also noticed many people suffering from “If only…” syndrome. That means they walk around saying and thinking, “If I only I had ______, I will be happy”. The truth is that happiness is right in front of you. All you have to do is recognize it and reach out and give it to yourself like a present. It starts with you understanding that it is not up to other people to make you happy. You will never have long term happiness from acquiring material possessions. They will give you a temporary high or happiness, but that will melt away like a popsicle in the sunshine. It is all temporary. So you may be wondering what will give you life long happiness or even daily happiness. Here is some information on creating your own little happiness bubble that you can live in daily. This information is taken right out of my book, “Conquering Stress – The REAL Fountain of Youth” , that will be launching on Amazon in January.
I recently took a poll on happiness, on my social media accounts to see what my thousands of friends do to have happiness. Here are some of the things they said:
- Good health
- Spending time with family
- Singing and listening to music
- Playing fun games
- Laughing and watching shows that make you laugh
- Making other people smile or laugh
- Spending time in the outdoors
- Volunteering, helping people or doing service for others (seniors, youth, poor and etc)
- Living your purpose
- Spending time with pets or animals
- Playing sports
- Doing crafts
- Playing musical instruments
- Building things
- Knitting, sewing, crocheting
- Bird watching
- Gardening – Flowers or produce
- Reading books, magazines or blogs
- Going to church or synagogue
- Time with friends
- Meeting new friends
- Visiting museums
- Watching butterflies and dragonflies
- Collecting fairy statues
- Spending time around water (ocean, lake, waterfall)
- Looking at antique or classic cars, trucks, motorcycles
These are just a sample of some of the many answers I received when I did my poll on happiness. I am sure you get the idea by now. Happiness comes not only from things but experiences, memories and even spirituality. Happiness comes from going deep within yourself and getting in touch with your higher self, guides and angels. Happiness especially comes with connecting yourself with God and the Universe and seeing your connection to everyone and everything. If you are someone who is regularly saying, “If only”, think very deeply about what I just said. Ask yourself and your higher self the question, “What do I need to do every day to be happy?” Then, go within yourself, using meditation, quiet time, prayer and reflection and listen to the answers that come up. Take a paper and write the answers down and start doing what makes you happy every day. You have all the answers within yourself. If you are unhappy right now, here is a new daily mantra for you:
“I am creating my happiness today and every day.”
Say this mantra every day of the week, as many times a day as possible, until you see a shift to happiness in your life. Then, start making a conscious choice to be happy. No other person will ever make you happy; only you can do that. If you are still wrestling with unhappiness, maybe you need to lower your expectations and work on removing upper limits and blocks that you have created for yourself. Just saying!
Kimberly Palm, is an internationally known stress expert, life and health coach, energy healer, author and speaker. She is the author of the book, “Conquering Stress – The REAL Fountain of Youth”. Kimberly is also the creator of the P.E.A.C.E. Stress Management System®, Healer to the Doctors™ program and the Mind Power for Success™ program. Kimberly has been coaching, teaching and speaking for over 23 years. You can find out more about her programs and services at http://healyourmindbody.com or http://healertothedoctors.com if you are a physician.
Don’t be a Victim of Physician Burnout
Stress and burnout is in epic proportions in the medical industry. Some of the main stressors for Doctors include: finances (money), practice management issues, unhappiness with medical industry, intense competition and patient overload. If you add to the mix stress from relationships, personal life, health and more, it becomes a recipe for epic failure.
According to a study done in 2012 by the American Stress Institute and American Psychological Association, 50% of physicians are burned out. In another study by Ceika Search out of St. Louis, MO, the results came back showing that out of the 2069 physicians surveyed, over 87% said they were stressed out or burned out. The physicians participating in this survey had a median age of 45 and an average of 13 years in practice.
The reality is that nothing is being done about stress for physicians in the medical industry. The blame for this epidemic goes even deeper than the hospitals, medical industry, insurances and government. It starts with society’s beliefs that doctors are super-humans who are here to serve us, when doctors are really just human beings, who have all the same life problems as everyone else. The second phase of this problem lies with the medical schools who do not train or teach doctors: how to run a business/medical practice, how to manage money, how to deal with competition, how to manage time and how to prevent patient overload. Medical schools also fail to teach; leadership and teamwork, how to hire employees who will fully support the doctor and their patients. They certainly don’t teach stress management or burnout prevention.
So the real question is, “Are you a victim or a survivor”? In other words, what are you doing or learning to manage stress and prevent burnout? If you want to stay in your medical practice until it’s time to retire, prevent health and relationship issues and be of service to your patients, you will have to learn skills, tools and techniques to manage stress and prevent burnout. Today, I am going to share a few tips with you for how to survive stress and burnout, but first let’s look at some of the symptoms you may be experiencing that confirm you are in victim mode and need to move into survivor mode. If you have any one or more of these symptoms, you are a victim of the stress epidemic:
- Unhappy with either your career, personal life or relationships
- Feeling tired, low energy or overwhelmed
- Problems Sleeping, anxious, fearful, or depressed
- Health problems or over weight
- Doubting why you became a doctor or health care provider in the first place
- Disillusioned with medical industry
- Making bad decisions or not able to diagnose some of your patients
- Poor productivity, making bad decisions
- Difficult patients are sucking your energy
- Feeling frustrated, angry or worried
- Not achieving the goals you had when you first started your practice
- Patient overload is too much too handle
- You don’t have enough time for yourself, friends and/or family
- You are not as successful as you would like to be in your business or life
- Addictions to smoking, drugs, alcohol or other
If any of these symptoms sounds like you, “How is that working for you?” as Dr. Phil likes to say. Have you made any attempts to change your situation? The bad news is that there is no magic pill or magic bullet to make all your stress and problems with the healthcare system go away. The good news is that you can easily learn new skills and tools to manage stress, prevent or reverse burnout and be happy in your medical practice again. As a coach for physicians, I have been teaching these skills to my doctor for a few years and see measurable results within a few days of starting the program. Since I cannot put everything I know into this blog because it would fill several books, I would like to mention a few things that you can do to start on your road to being a happier, healthier and more successful doctor:
- Self-care – Make a point to take 30 minutes to one hour each day of relaxation time for yourself. Self-care is the most important thing for managing stress. The medical industry has always emphasized putting patients first, as a result doctors do not take care of themselves. Also, make sure you are eating a healthy diet, getting enough sleep and exercising a minimum of 10 minutes a day. The CDC has stated, “90% of visits to doctors are for stress related illness”. The AMA has stated, “85% of illness is caused by stress”. Some of these statements may have stemmed from World renowned cellular biologist, Dr. Bruce Lipton’s book, “The Biology of Belief”. In his book he discussed his 15 years of research into how stress effects the mind, body, DNA and every cell and how epigenetics are impacted by stress. According to Dr. Lipton’s research 98% of illness is caused by stress you create and 2% is from epigenetically inherited stress. I have had doctors tell me that 100% of their patients are suffering from stress related illness. The lesson for doctors, is that if you don’t take care of yourself, you will not be around to take care of your patients. “You” should be your number one priority.
- If you are unhappy with your staff, income, insurance issues or anything to do with medical practice management, I highly recommend spending some money to bring in a practice management consultant, who can help you create a stress free medical practice by: firing employees who are a problem, hiring and training good employees who will free you up so you can focus on your patients, train your staff on proper ways to bill insurance and get money from patients and insurance companies, train your staff on patient care and service and much more.
- Learn how to create a healthy work-life balance. Work life balance is partially a product of having healthy boundaries and partially a product of your priorities. Make sure you are spending quality time with family every day if you are married. The divorce rate is extremely high for physicians because of the long work hours. There are creative ways to free up your time from your practice so you have more time for family, friends and you. I have always enjoyed helping physicians to free up their time. Also, learn how to leave your problems at the door. Don’t bring work problems home and don’t bring your personal issues to work.
As I said earlier, I could fill several books with recommendations for how to survive stress and physician burnout. However, even if you pick only one of these three things I mentioned and start working on it today, you will see positive results in your personal life, health and medical practice. You will also be on the road to being a survivor instead of a victim of “physician burnout”.
Kimberly Palm is the author of the book, “Conquering Stress, The Real Fountain of Youth©”, creator of the P.E.A.C.E. Stress Management System® and she is an internationally known Stress Management and Life Coach, Business Coach, Medical Intuitive, Health Coach, Energy Healer, author and speaker. Kimberly is known as “The Healer to The Doctors™” because of her comprehensive program to help physicians in all areas of their medical practice and personal lives. For any questions or more information on Kimberly Palm, please visit her website: http://healertothedoctors.com